SplitCam Changes for Windows 10
Version 10.3.21 (03/31/2020)
- Added restream functionality to minimize network load for multiple streams. SplitCam uses its own restream located in USA and Europe to provide this functionality.
- Added splash screen on program startup.
- Added system provided webcam settings dialog.
- SplitCam now supports Video Image Source plugins. More info for developers can be found at https://splitcam.com/plugins/
- Optimized screen capture code to give higher quality and less CPU usage.
- Higher quality of text in Text layers.
- Updated SSL third party libraries to latest versions.
- Additional search methods added for delay-loaded DLLs.
- AMD GPU detection code update.
- Disabled selecting SplitCam virtual webcam when physical webcam was disconnected between program sessions.
- Updated setup project to address errors during installation.
- Disabled forced AMD GPU detection.
- Disabled GPU driver update dialog.
- Changed the order of media layers in UI.
- Streams window now stays visible when mouse-clicking outside of it. To close the window click the Stream Settings button again.
- Selection frame remains on screen after the webcam is deleted from default project.
- Working with non-transparent GIFs.
- Program crashed on some systems not having Visual C redistributables installed.
- Random crashes on program exit.
- Address the issue when a hung copy of SplitCam remains running after the program exit.
- Crash in audio list items update list in rare cases of scene switching.
- Some minor issues with ipcamera.
- Addressed minor issues with streaming code.
- Fixed disappearing main scene preview after some modal dialog is closed.
Version 10.2.16 (03/11/2020)
- New realization of layer management and rendering engine. Image quality greatly enhanced. CPU load reduced up to 6 times.
- Added resource usage information to log output.
- Added stream statistics to log output.
- Added cache cleanup whenever new version of SplitCam is started on user’s computer.
- Full screen capture code updated for better performance.
- Updated GPU selection for stream preset to prefer NVIDIA then AMD then INTEL GPU when available.
- Updated stream settings dialog. Excluded presets with encoders not available on target computer.
- Many stability issues addressed regarding resource management and error handling.
- Fixed scene selection after deleting one of scenes.
- Volume state saved between scene switching.
- Bug fixes and better resource management.
Version 10.1.9 (02/29/2020)
- Optimised code for full screen sharing. Processor load reduced up to 50%.
- Added pause method in screen share.
- Fixed Add channel dialog positioning.
- Fixed stability issues when working with video capture sources.
Version 10.1.7 (02/27/2020)
- Automatic layer sizing when adding new videos and images.
- Added proportional layer sizing.
- Autosave functionality added: the currently loaded project is saved automatically a few seconds later after its content changed.
- Loading placeholder optimised. It generated too high CPU load.
- Fixed sizing transparent GIFs.
- Fixed crash when working with transparent GIFs.
- Fixed browser proportional sizing.
- Fixed crashes when managing WebBrowser soruces.
- Fixed crash when deleting browser or IP-camera object before thumbnail preview for it has finished generating.
Version 10.1.4 (02/23/2020)
- Added “Loading…” placeholder image to web browser source.
- Restored default 1280×720 resolution in custom stream preset dialog.
- “Loading…” placeholder image updated.
- Fixed bug with forced h264_nvenc codec when starting stream.
- Fixed incorrect resolution in some built-in presets.
Version 10.1.3 (02/23/2020)
- Added verification of user provided data in basic stream settings dialog.
- In case of codec error user is offered to update video drivers.
- Updated channel icons.
Version 10.1.2 (02/23/2020)
- New channels, new channel icons.
- Added snapping layers to canvas edges while sizing or moving. Hold down the ALT key before clicking a layer to temporarily disable snapping.
- Added animation while connecting to IP-camera sources.
- Disabled checking for program updates while streaming is in progress.
- Auto select newly added media sources.
- Link to SplitCam online contact form from Add Channel dialog.
- Cue text in the Add Web Browser dialog updated.
- Fixed bugs with setting corner radius for layers.
Version 10.1.1 (02/21/2020)
- Added new web browser source. No you can intergrate any static or dynamic web pages in the scenes you are streaming. You can scroll, enlarge, and pan web browser content inside the layer. If the web page has sound it will also be included in you stream.
To sroll the page inside web browser layer you select the layer and use mouse wheel to scroll the page up or down. Hold down Shift keys to scroll horizontally.
To zoom in or out on the browser content inside layer, you select the layer in media sources list, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and use mouse wheel to enlarge or reduce the visible content.
To pan the enlarged content inside layer, you should first select the browser layer in media sources list, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then click and drag inside the selected web browser layer.
- Added a possibility to use rounded corners for any media source layer. When you select a layer you will see white dots in every corner of the selection frame. Click and drag any of these dots to increase or decrease the roundness
of all corners at once. Hold down Alt key while dragging with the mouse to change radius of only the corner you are currently dragging.
- Added new IP Camera source. Now you can add any IP camera supporting RTSP protocol to your scene by selecting corresponding command in the Add Media menu and providing the camera address.
- Added additional logging when enumerating available webcams.
- Text layer rendering code updated.
- Cue text added to some controls in dialogs.
- Changed background color of some comboboxes.
- Video playback controls position and layout updated.
- Fixed GDI objects leak when working with layer selection frames.
- Fixed resources deallocation when enumerating available video capture devices.
- Fixed system sound beep when clicking inside dialogs.
- Fixed unexpected stream settings dialog disappearing when clicking outside of any control.
- Fixed multiple errors when working with text layers.
Version 10.0.68 (02/02/2020)
- Added IP-camera submodule. No UI for connecting to IP-camera yet in this version.
- Added logging to dialog creation.
- Added handling of errouse dialog positioning at lower display resolutions.
- Added warning message to inform user of required minimal display resolution.
- Added file playback controls.
- Added automatic sizing of audio panel when new audio source is added.
- Added WEBP image format support.
- Added log viewer.
- Added hamburger menu.
- Detailed logging added to release version.
- Stream handling updated.
- Optimisation of disk and memory usage when working with transparent GIFs.
- Optimisations to tip notifications display.
- Updated stream encoder for AMD GPUs.
- Fixed bug with transparent gifs show/hide.
- Fixed repositioning color button and CPU load text on resizing canvas area.
Version 10.0.58 (01/24/2020)
- Added handling for output streams without file extension. Particularly for NUL device.
- Forced to enable AMD card since it is not reliably detected.
- Added handling the error when camera access is disabled in Windows system parameters.
- AMD GPU support.
- Updated REC button to disable it until streamer library is completely stopped to prevent non-timely clicks.
- Updated file recorder to use Intel or AMD GPU when available.
- Updated stream encoder to use new encoding code on AMD GPUs.
- Optimised layer management code.
- Streaming/Recording management updated.
- Changed virtual SplitCam webcam to crop-resize pictures to requested resolution instead of fit-resize when aspect ratios are different. No more black stripes in videos.
- Optimised data exchange between virtual web driver and the main program module.
- Reduced time required to delete scenes and exit SplitCam.
- Updated GPU detection code.
- Updated A/V sync in audio and video encoders.
- Webcam selection dialog updated to not display SplitCam virtual webcam.
- Installer updated to remove previously installed driver before installing a new copy of it. No more reboot requirement after installation.
- Fixed bugs with drawing transparent GIF files.
- Fixed bug where stopping stream also stopped file recorder.
- Fixed bug with transparent gifs on black canvas.
- Recording video when webcam is being initialised or the scene is empty.
- Fixed crashes in memory renderer.
- Fixed A/V sync in file recording.
Version 10.0.43 (01/15/2020)
- Auto program update to the latest available version.
- Stream management and stream state tracking updated.
- Optimised code for Saturation effect.
- Stream black screen from empty scenes or when all scene layers are hidden.
- Optimised code for Color effect.
- Optimised code for canvas redrawing and rendering.
- Updated code to work with transparent GIF files.
- Optimised layer resize algorithms.
- Special case processing during resize when we have only one layer of the same size as canvas.
- Rethought and corrected code to manage active streams and errors during stream.
- Fixed blinking canvas bug.
- Fixed crash on adding or deleting scenes.
- Fixed detection of transparent GIF files.
- Multiple Notifier bug fixes.
- A/V synchronisation on scene change during streaming is restored.
- Fixed short freezes when adding sources with different FPS to canvas.
- Fixed canvas update bugs.
- Fixed handling the z-order of non-transparent GIF files.
- Fixed video file playback even when the file layer is invisible.
- Splitcam now can detect and terminate hung copies of the program.
- Fixed video freezes when trying to change the playback position in a video file.
- Sloppy stream when the application is minimised.
- Fixed several bugs when repositioning layers on canvas.
- Fixed crash when using resize methods other than custom.
- Fixed bugs when adding a webcam to canvas.
Version 10.0.26 (01/02/2020)
- Added deleting stream preset functionality.
- Added handling of individual stream errors to be ignored by other streams: only one stream tries to reconnect in case of an error.
- Added UI elements to reflect current stream states.
- Added Fit to canvas command to layer’s context menu.
- Added layer flip vertical effect.
- Added horizontal flip effect to media layers.
- Added error reporting to stream library when applying codec params.
- Added stream presets functionality.
- Added Reset button to colours window.
- Color adjust dialog for scene added.
- Go Live button updated: it becomes disabled during closing active streams. Preliminary fix to error on pushing the record button.
- Stream management logic updated. Stream state UI tracking updated. Fixed bug with closing multiple streams when only one is deactivated.
- Optimised image processing code.
- Updated stream library code to report individual stream states to the main program.
- Minor UI changes in stream management dialogs.
- Modified webcam selection dialog: web cam resolution and fps are now selected separately.
- New implementation of renderers and canvas.
- Changed min/max values from 255 to 128 for RGB values in color effect.
- Changed algorithm for slider control from exponential to hyperbolic – it is capable of exact limit values, has easier slope control and works faster.
- Optimised Saturation effect to consume less CPU.
- Added save/restore functionality to canvas color settings.
- Added synchronisation between selected scene and colours windows control.
- Color adjustment controls appearance updated.
- Fixed data buffers overrun when resizing frames in layer’s ProcessFrame function.
- Fixed bug with Notifier work.
- Fixed bugs with masks. Masks calculation changed.
- Multiple bug fixes in stream preset management.
- Fixed bugs with stream preset editing.
- Fixed applying codec params in stream library.
- CBR settings are now working correctly.
- Fixed the bug with showing GPU encoders in preset settings dialog when those GPUs are not available on target computer.
- Addressed the issue with poor video stream quality.
- Fixed bugs in the new implementation of a renderers work.
- Fixed bugs in the Memory Renderer.
- Fixed bugs in the Notifier.
- Fixed scene colours button randomly disappearing.
- Fixed colour window title overlapped on standard DPI monitors.
- Fixed bug with setting color values from sliders.
- Fixed overlapped streams and colours windows problem.
- Fixed bug with disappeared streams window.
- Removed context menu from Windows taskbar.
- Fixed error where video file source wouldn’t play to the very end on rewinding to beginning in loop mode.
Version 9.0.9 (04/17/2019)
- Added new filter MFC Alerts to Effects tab: setup your user name from MFC web site and get animated notifications when someone tips you.
- Added new filter ColorTemp to Enhance tab: make video warmer or colder according to your stream content.
- Added new filter Exposure to Enhance tab: use it to make video brighter or darker without loosing too much details.
Version 9.0.7 (03/18/2019)
- Gif Player effect random crash fixed.
- Double-click Gif Player animation to select another GIF file.
- Fixed frame rate when playing some types of Gif animations.
- Video zoom rate made more smooth.
- Shift-Scroll to speed up zoom.
- Shift-Ctrl-Scroll to slow down zoom.
- Ctrl-0 to reset zoom
Version 9.0.6 (03/14/2019)
- Added video zoom. Scroll video with the mouse to scale it up or down.
- Added drag-and-drop support for adding video and image source files to the lists.
- Optimized GPU usage.
Version 18.104.22.168 (03/04/2019)
- Fixed error with combining text effect with grey image effects.
- Fixed error with entering full screen mode by double clicking the video while text effect is being applied.
- Fixed errors with handling mouse events while Date effect is being applied.
- Added restore state of text effect after program restart.
- Added the ability to move date with a mouse to arbitrary position inside video.
- Fixed errors with checking broadcast servers.
- Changed program state restore to reflect the webcam playback on program exit. Now if a webcam is not enabled on program exit it will not be enabled automatically on the next program startup.
- Fixed errors with connecting to MFC ingest server.
- In the server test dialog fixed error with clicking ‘Start test’ button.
- GifPlayer effect updated.
- GifPlayer now saves its last position on program exit or when being disabled.
- Date effect now saves its last position on program exit or when being disabled.
- Fixed GifPlayer crash error when video resolution is being changed with the effect enabled.
- Animated GIF image width/height ratio is now preserved when changing the image size with the mouse.
- Text effect font size made independent of video current resolution.
Version 9.0.4 (02/16/2019)
- Added snapshot settings: number of snapshots on each button click, delay before first snapshot, delay between consecutive snapshots.
- Multi-server streaming.
- Added a Date filter that shows the current date and time on user’s video.
- The text effect was updated and now has a new user interface for editing the text and applying color, font family, style, weight and alignment.
- The program state is now saved between startups. It means the webcam selection, audio arameters, filters and color adjustments are saved on program exit and get restored when you run SplitCam next time.
- Added basic audio and video encoder settings for controlling the quality and bandwidth of the output stream.
- Added new GIF-player effect (not yet included in final release).
- MFC added to broadcast servers list.
- Added software interfaces for fast switching between software and hardware stream encoders.
- Hardware stream encoder added with GPU support; this is still work in progress.
- Effects that can be run on GPU are now using GPU. It’s still work in progress and more effects will be transferred to GPU in future versions.
- Webcam module optimised to support 30 FPS capture.
- Screen output module optimised for minimal CPU impact.
- Extensive compatibility tests allowed for wider end-user hardware support.
- Encoder settings optimised for most popular streaming servers support.
Version 9.0.2 (10/20/2018)
- Finishing broadcast functionality: optimising stream for stability.
- Making Splitcam installer. Testing the installer on different platforms and fixing bugs.
- Added broadcast servers speed testing.
- Added dialog box with broadcast servers presets.
- Added dialog box for selecting the fastest broadcast server.
- Added Enhance panel to UI for easier access to most useful video quality settings.
- Added support to video filters for separating them into two panels: Enhance and Filters.
- Fixed a bug where video was not visible when played in full screen mode.
- Optimised video output to screen by disabling video output when the main program window is fully covered by other windows or is minimised.
- Added Color Balance filter to Enhance panel.
- Added Saturation Filter to Enhance panel.
- Updated default value acquisition when user double clicks filter parameter slider.
- Added code signing script for the main Splitcam executable.
- Added code signing script for Splitcam setup program.
- Developed and added class for audio mixer which allows for mixing two or more audio sources.
- The audio mixer class tested and proven to work. Further work may be required when using in Splitcam if the audio output volume drops after being mixed in real application.
- Added audio subtraction filter to audio mixer. It’s gonna be used to suppress echo effect when broadcasting without headphones with audio coming from external speakers.
- Working on support classes and Ffmpeg library to take sound from external audio files (mp3 and other formats).
- Working on taking audio from system mixer. This along with audio mixer class will be used to suppress echo.