SplitCam Changes for Windows 10
Version 10.4.66 (10/21/2020)
- Slider controls for some video effects including Skin Smoother were working incorrectly.
Version 10.4.64 (10/16/2020)
- Added H.265 protocol support for receiving streams from other sources like IP-Cameras, etc.
- Chromakey can now be used in production work.
- In the burger menu added links to online support resources.
- Added layer context menu command: ‘Capture Cursor’ for a screen share source.
- Removed VC Runtime dependancy.
- New auto full screen game detection.
- Better Chromakey effect processing rsulting in more stable work, less processor load and better
- Added Chroma effect preview.
- When switching from one tab to another in Effects dialog select the last active item or the first
item in the list so that parameters are immediately available.
- Added Cromakey effect menu item to layer menu (where applicable).
- Disable Delete button in audio layer when the layer is associated with a capture source (video, browser or IP-cam).
- Reenabled transparency effects for screen capture layers.
- Select layer on mouse down event instead of mouse up: avoid problems with selecting layers when
tooltip is shown and possibly when game capturing is on.
- Optimized FPS timings in canvas thread.
- Fixed error with updating a list of in-built ingest servers at runtime.
- Addressed the issue with SplitCam crashing when audio track in a video file source has unsupported
or corrupt audio track.
- Fixed a bug with program crashing in some rare cases while closing a Webcam source layer.
- Fixed issues with selecting LUT effects and (re)setting their parameters.
- Browser source with invalid audio data would crash SplitCam. Fixed now.
- Fixed incorrect canvas FPS when opening projects on not so powerful computers.
- Fixed error with synchronous access to layer resources leading to random SplitCam crash when
switching or modifying scenes.
- Fixed bug with shared layer effects. Now layer effects work with screen, window and game shares.
- Fixed error: audio mixer was not started on the first active scene.
- Fixed bug with flip and mirror on static webbrowser pages.
- Fixed Splitcam crash sometimes when loading project from file. Fixed crash when IP-camera or Browser source
start receiving data berfore completely initialized.
Version 10.4.57 (10/09/2020)
- Added DSLR cameras, AverMedia capture devices, and other external devices support.
- Added DirectShow virtual cameras and capture source filters support.
- Copy audio and video effects as well as rotation settings when duplicating layers.
- Added automatic update of ingest servers from SplitCam website.
- Added ARGB, YV12, and UYVY format support in webcam sources.
- Added cursor capture setting for fullscreen source.
- Added text effects.
- Create full path when saving snapshots and video clips.
- Save size and position of MiniWindow across SplitCam sessions.
- Added Pause command for individual layers applicable to following sources: Webcam, Video,
IP-camera, Browser, Plugins.
- Show layer effect icon when one or more effects are applied to the layer source. Click the layer
icon to bring up a window showing enabled effects. You can turn effects off or back on while the
window is visible. You can also reset all effects thus disabling them, or open the full effects
editor dialog for the selected layer.
- Optimized FPS timings in canvas thread.
- Disabled effects which are not supported in some layers.
- Optimized freeing of resources in sorce capture code. Switching scenes, adding webcams and other
many operations are now executing faster.
- “Add Webcam” dialog design change to accomodate more webcams and to fit on smaller screen sizes.
- “Add Webcam” dialog now opens and closes faster thanks to parallel opening of camera previews.
- Added background to transparency effect preview to visualize the settings.
- Don’t apply skin filter effect to layer types other than Webcam and Video.
- Removed ChromaCam from available capture sources.
- Reduced capture sources enumeration time.
- Restore mini-window to its default size when loading wrongly saved settings.
- In the “Add Webcam” dialog added a placeholder when source preview is not available.
- Added Skin Smoother to Quick Adjust window.
- Disabled video driver update suggestion. Reporting of older drivers to log file still remains.
- Better image quality when resizing video for virtual driver.
- When fitting layers to canvas keep proportions.
- When moving floating panels snap them to mini-window edge when mouse pointer is near the edge.
- Notify plugins of layer position change only when the plugins layer is moved or resized. Don’t
notify plugins of other layers changes.
- Fixed Splitcam crash sometimes when loading project from file.
- Fixed crash when IP-camera or Browser source start receiving data berfore completely initialized.
- SplitCam was not capable of capturing some games.
- Some URLs caused embedded web browser errors which could even crash SplitCam or fails in loading
web pages. Now most of those errors are fixed.
- Fixed incorrect search path for image resources.
- Fixed mirror and flip effects for images.
- Addressed the issue with the program crashing on certain computers when duplicating certain scenes.
- Fixed error with encoding different FPS streams.
- Fixed bug with cameras enumeration.
- Fixed bug with transparent layer effects.
- Fixed bug with preview renderer when transparent layer on canvas.
- Fixed bugs in text layer with scroll effect and background enabled.
- Fixed incorrect source volume setting when muted source is first loaded from file and then unmuted.
- Fixed crash when capturing some x64 games.
- Reenable Open Project command at the end of streaming session.
- Addressed issues with rounded corners in layers.
- Fixed text blinking when text layer is mirrored or flipped.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed the error when stream is being started while recording is in progress and restream mode is active.
Version 10.4.39 (09/08/2020)
- Rotate layers around center: select a layer, hover mouse pointer over the layer in scene preview,
you’ll see a ratation handle. Drag the rotation handle around to rotate the layer. Hold down Shift
key to constrain rotation angles to the multiples of 45 degrees.
- Added Settings… command to Text layer context menu. Now it is possible to set the speed of
scrolling or blinking.
- Added commands to text layer menu to open text settings floating panel.
- Added source info panel with some technical details. Hold down Ctrl key and click the source
icon to open the info panel.
- Added Date/Time pseudo-effect to text layer.
- Added audio layer with controls to Web-browser Source.
- Added audio layer with controls to IP-Camera Source.
- Added Reset button to audio layer effects dialog.
- Added displaying current values in Slider Controls.
- Added the ability to restore audio filter parameter(s) to their default values by double-clicking
the slider control.
- Added audio filters for other audio input devices in addition to microphone source.
- Added floating panels. Floating panels can be enabled by clicking the corresponding button in the
mini-preview window title bar when SplitCam is minimized.
- Added text layer background: you can choose the color and transparency of the background.
- Added vertical alignment option for text layers.
- Video effects can now be appplied to any single layer individually. Select Effects command from
layer’s context menu.
- New layer effect Transparency added to Color category. The transparency effect works with layers
only and is not applicapble to canvas.
- Updated hotkeys to use Ctrl in combination with an action key.
- Updated FFMPEG and NVIDIA libraries to latest versions.
- If a GPU is not supported user gets a warning message suggesting to update her video card drivers.
- Changed layers’ Edit menu command to Settings command.
- Microphones audo grabbing revisited: fixed bugs and minor memory leaks. The issue with incorrect
audio device assignments was fixed.
- Software audio capture devices are no longer listed in Micrphone selection dialog box. SplitCam
currently works with hardware devices only.
- Added audio devices consistency check: device ID must correspond to its system device path. In
case of inconsistent device SplitCam tries to resolve the issue itself and if it can’t then the
device is either ignored, or replaced with default device, or a warning message is given.
- Hide scene duplication button when no more scenes can be added.
- Corrected checkbox size in the scene effects dialog.
- Enabled SSE2 support in x86 version of SplitCam.
- Updated audio layer settings icon to show when any of audio filters are active.
- Cache program history in case internet is not available.
- Removed Mixer services support. The site is dead.
- Record icon updated.
- Muted volumes management revisited. Fixed incorrect source volume setting when muted source is
first loaded from file and then unmuted.
- Changed restream server URL.
- Speed up scene switching.
- Speed up Quick Adjust dialog opening.
- Speed up Histogram update.
- Forced use of en-US locale for date/time formatting in text layers.
- Fixed bug in detecting older NVIDIA GPUs.
- Fixed color shift in RGB to YUV conversion procedure.
- Fixed bug with webcam selection frame in UI when webcam and microphone both have the same ID.
- SplitCam sometimes crashed when resizing text layer.
- Fixed the error when clicking the Close icon in the top-right corner of the main window twice led
to losing the project file without a chance to restore it.
- Fixed re-streamer reconnection issues.
- When opening a project the text layer which has stroke effect enabled, the stroke was missing
until the layer parameters update.
- Fixed capturing sound from multiple microphones.
- Fixed error with audio filters. A single set of filters was incorrectly used in all audio sources.
Now every audio source has its own set of filters. Sound distortions with enabled filters
- Fixed crash with updating mini-preview window during resize or when switching scenes.
- Fixed error with tooltips stealing focus from edit windows.
- Fixed error when accessing the virtual SplitCam webcam after renaming the virtual device.
- Fixed incorrectly setting virtual SplitCam driver name to the default value upon closing Settings
dialog when driver name hasn’t changed.
- Fixed incorrect loading of options with floating point values from project file on disk. The error
in previous versions is reproduceable only when saving projects with localized characters: layer
names, project name, etc.
Version 10.4.23 (08/18/2020)
- Added hotkeys. View all hotkeys assignments in the Settings dialog.
- Added pause mode activated by pressing the space key on the keyboard.
- Users having admin rights can change SplitCam virtual camera name.
- Added histogram to the Quick Adjust window. Use the histogram for fast and easy correction of
the overall image lightning: adjust bright and dark areas as well as the mid-point.
- Added control tooltips. Hover your mouse pointer over a control to see its description. The
tooltips can be turned off in the Settings dialog.
- Added command line switches for testing purposes. Use the /? command line switch to see the list
of available switches.
- Added audio sources volume level indicators. Volumes over 75 dB are marked with yellow color and
volumes over 85 dB are marked with red color.
- Show About dialog when a new version of SplitCam is started for the first time.
- Added OS version output to log file.
- Added a button to duplicate a scene.
- Added Opacity setting to most of scene effects.
- Don’t select a layer when its visibility state changes.
- Unselect the layer when its state changes to invisible.
- Text layer command bar icons updated.
- Slight but noticable increase in CPU performance when preparing video for streaming.
- In restreaming mode use the FPS set for the restream server instead of the maximum FPS among
- When selecting text or stroke color for text layers correctly set the initially selected color in
the ChooseColor dialog. Add a new custom color automatically if necessary.
- The minimal view window, activated when SplitCam is minimized, can now be resized by clicking and
dragging its border on any side. Keep holding the Alt key to temporarily disable proportional
- In case of an error during GPU detection a message will be recorded to the program log file.
- Changed look of UI check box element.
- Text layer command bar icons updated.
- Fixed incorrect proportions when zooming out a layer at frame edge.
- Fixed random webcam freezing when switching scenes.
- Fixed crash when selecting desktop region for capturing.
- Fixed random crashes during network activity on program exit.
- Fixed RGB24 webcam source processing. Includes fix for VISIT-X Video Splitter virtual webcam.
- Fixed video file recording.
- Fixed error: stream wouldn’t start if file recording is in progress.
- Fixed random picture freezing during captured frame processing.
- Fixed potential error of creating thumbnail for a web browser or ip-cam source which has already
- Fixed error with detecting available GPUs when there are no streams set up yet.
Version 10.4.8 (07/20/2020)
- Added Frames canvas effects.
- Added fast webcam switching between scenes when both scenes have the same webcam with identical
- Mini window: account for multiple monitor setup. Mini window now maximizes to full screen on the
current monitor. Mini window is restored to the same monitor it was last visible on.
- Changed look of UI check box element.
- Initial text layer size calculated according to current screen resolution and Windows scaling.
- Fixed UI scaling at some Windows scaling settings.
- Fixed IP-camera not working with an on-board Intel GPU.
- Fixed flip and mirror effects.
- Addressed issues with forced program termination in case of GPU errors.
- Fixed text layer visibility toggle.
- Fixed bug with switching between blink and scroll in text layer.
- Text layer font sizes in display and edit modes revisited.
- Stream library updated. Fixed handler of user initiated closing stream in direct conection mode.
Version 10.4.6 (07/10/2020)
- Added check marks to selected menu items in the command bar of text layer.
- Text layer updates related to different display resolutions and DPI:
- sync the font size between display and edit mode
- correctly set initial text layer position and size
- corrected position of font name and size combo-boxes.
- Updated calculation of text size in text layers for different monitor resolutions and DPI.
- Fixed layers’ Flip and Mirror effect.
- Possible crash when enumerating available GPU.
- Fixed incorrect font size displayed as selected in text layer when running on high DPI monitors.
- Fixed redrawing of the control bar when selecting color of a text layer.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of scrolling text length.
- Fixed incorrect display of stroke and blink text effects when applied simultaneously.
- Restored transparency of the text layer in edit mode.
- Addressed the error with text layer remaining invisible after the text was edited.
Version 10.4.5 (07/07/2020)
- Added support for catpturing DirectX 12 games.
- Updated stream control functionality: error handling and reconnections.
- Updated CamSode and StripChat ingest server addresses.
- Updated control of capturing same game on multiple SplitCam scenes.
- Updated list of exclusions when selecting games for capturing.
- Fixed notifier control bar appearance and position.
- Fixed bugs with tip notifier.
- Fixed errors in treating poor internet connection when streaming in Restream mode.
Version 10.4.1 (07/02/2020)
- Games capture. Currently support games running on DerectX 9, 10, 11, 12. Vulkan and OpenGL engines are not supported. Game capture sources are not saved with the project. Users have to add them again in every SplitCam session.
- Corrected handling of network errors and temporary bandwidth decrease during streaming sessions.
- Encoders queue size added to statics output in SplitCam log file. They may help in detecting streaming issues on user computers.
- Added handler for Windows entering sleep mode: streaming will stop before entering sleep mode.
- Text layer control bar updated.
- Updated initial text layer width.
- Disable virtual machine detection when checking for GPU.
- Program history may not get updated due to caching. This update fixes the probelm.
- Attempt was made to address the issue with “frozen” canvas in some cases. Still needs testing.
- Fixed bugs with layers resizing.
- Tuning up hardware errors handling in webcam source.
- Fixed bug with canvas blinking whan transition effect is applied.
Version 10.3.93 (06/20/2020)
- Added resource control: when RAM usage starts to grow beyond limits Splitcam reports the problem
to the user and offers configuration changes to lower down RAM requirements.
- Full screen region selection added. Use control buttons at the bottom or press Enter key to accept
selection or press Escape key to cancel region selection. You can also choose between light and
dark modes in region selection mode.
- Full screen region zooming/panning: Ctrl-Scroll to zoom, Ctrl-Drag to pan.
- Partially realized top/bottom layer snapping during resize.
- Fixed capturing screen of additional monitors. Region selection on secondary monitors
doesn’t work yet.
- Save/load screen capture ROI along with the project.
- Removed unnecessary logging of init/deinit.
- Recoded proportinal layer sizing.
- Corrected initial full screen layer size.
- More errors are tracked and saved to the log file.
- Optimizied Skin Smoother effect to require less CPU processing.
- Identify display by device name instead of the handle: allows for saving display source across
- Changed full screen capture source name to monitor name to distinguish between different monitors.
- Fixed low quality sound in stream when user chooses to use a custom audio bitrate.
- Fixed bugs in scene transition effect.
- Fixed lost scrolling and zooming on layers.
- Multiple fixes aimed at the issue with frozen canvas.
Version 10.3.85 (06/12/2020)
- Added About… dialog containing program development history and most important support links.
- Added Exit command to hamburger menu.
- Prevent Windows from entering Sleep mode when SplitCam is running.
- Additional software encoder optimization aimed at more stable CBR streaming mode.
- Updated IP-campera capture source for more stable work. No new formats support added.
- Scene buttons preview thumbnail updated to give more stability and to work more reliably.
- Skin smoother issues fixed
- Fixed the lag when restarting video file playback after switching scenes or resuming a paused video file.
- Fixed scene switching bug: two scenes drawing to canvas at the same time.
- Fixed black full screen capture output when swtching between scenes when all the scenes contain full screen capture source.
- Fixed spontaneous program crashes hapenning at random when system state changed.
- Fixed crashes when deleting IP-camera layer from scene.
- Fixed SplitCam crashe when a problem is encountered in a running Web page source.
- Fixed displaying of RAM usage over 4 GiB. Minor cosmetic changes in video file source.
Version 10.3.78 (06/04/2020)
- Optimized video file processing: 4K videos at 60 fps are now supported.
- Added system sound capture source.
- Disable unavailable sources in ‘Add source’ popup menu.
- Mouse clicks on media progress bar are made easier for user: click above or below the progress bar to change video playback position.
- Release memory resources when a scene is inactive or a layer becomes invisible.
- Reviewed handling of live and static previews on scene buttons.
- Paused and hidden layers states are correctly saved when switching between scenes.
- Fixed bug with disappearing static layers when switching scenes.
- Fixed wrong canvas FPS saving to project file.
- Fixed memory handling issues in GIF player.
Version 10.3.77 (05/31/2020)
This version includes SplitCam virtual device drivers updates!
We cannot guarantee complete removal of previous device driver files which can
be used by Windows operating system. Thus it is highly recommended to do a clean
- Uninstall previous version of SplitCam;
- Reboot your computer;
- Install this version.
- Added global reset button for canvas effects.
- Transition effects added: fade-out, cross-fade, swap.
- Added button to apply transition to all scenes.
- Added frames effects.
- Added reset button to effect settings.
- Support for 48 kHz audio in video files.
- Optimized code for playing video files: 60 fps support, more video formats are now supported.
- Added restream settings button: user can now set her own restreaming params.
- Added full screen mode in miniwindow.
- Added support for LUTs in PNG format.
- Stream submodule updated to address high memory load when streaming with poor internet connection.
- Cleaned up logging: removed unnecessary output from log files.
- Updated code to apply canvas resolution to all scenes and to newly added scenes.
- When loading plugins skip those that have already been loaded.
- Additional plugin directory to be searched for plugins on program start.
- Effect previews now use JPG format instead of PNG to save disk space.
- Disabled autosaving project during the first few seconds after it’s been loaded.
- Changed Gamma effect processing.
- Mini Window updated icons are now dynamically resized according to the window size. They are easier to view this way.
- Main window Minimize and Close buttons updated.
- Audio driver updated.
- Fixed issues with webcam preview when adding a webcam to a scene.
- Fixed bug with text layer disappearing after being edited.
- Fixed broken canvas when zooming in on a picture moved to (0,0) position.
- Optimized full screen capture code.
- Some rare issues addressed in web browser source.
- Fixed an orphaned selection frame after deleting a webcam layer.
- Fixed crash when restream dialog is summoned before any streams were added.
- Fixed bugs with LUTs.
Version 10.3.66 (05/16/2020)
This version includes SplitCam virtual device drivers updates!
We cannot guarantee complete removal of previous device driver files which can
be used by Windows operating system. Thus it is highly recommended to do a clean
- Uninstall previous version of SplitCam;
- Reboot your computer;
- Install this version.
- New virtual microphone device driver.
- Removed virtual output device driver as it is no longer needed.
- Added check for prooperly installed virtual microphone device. User sees a
warning message if the driver for the virtual microphne cannot be loaded.
In case of driver error the program can continue to run but the micriphone will
not be available.
- Video effects added and can be applied to each scene independently.
- Added 3D Lookup Table video effect support: CUBE format.
- Added 3D Lookup Table video effect support: PNG format.
- Program title now shows currently opened project file path.
- Added Alt-F4 handler which correctly closes the application.
- Added Gamma effect to canvas.
- Program settings dialog added with General Settings, Snapshot settings and
Video recorder settings. More options are to be added in future versions.
- User can now change canvas size and FPS in program settings.
- Layers can now be selected by directly mouse-clicking them on the scene.
- Added hilite to the name of selected scene.
- Updated handling of project (un)loading: project dirty flag added, autosave
code changed, changed logic of saving projects under different file name:
project saved by Save as… command becomes current project, if autosave
option is disabled then user is queried to save the dirty project on exit or on
- Setup updated to address the issues when running installer while the program
- Updated monitor source saver with a parameter for saving multiple monitor
- Optimizations to video encoders during streaming. Processor load
- Disabled starting streamer when there are no active streams.
- Paused source state is now saved when switching scenes.
- CamPlace web site stream url updated.
- Video encoder updated with additional parameters to address possible
audio/video sync problems.
- Project saving code updated to reduce file size and omit certain defaults.
Additional checks added to catch and treat errors while loading projects from
- Fixed loading local files in Web Browser Source layers.
- Fixed distorted sound from mike when mike is used in multiple scenes.
- Fixed addressing non existing active scene object in CIpCameraSource.
- Fixed errors related to closing first canvas.
- Fixed bugs with full screen source.
- Fixed crash when streaming on NVIDIA in x64 release version.
- Reset zero effect parameter value to its default when loading project from file.
- Fixed errors when working with full screen source on different scenes.
- Fixed errors with window grabbing in window source layers.
Version 10.3.51 (04/28/2020)
- Added floating mini window which is popping every time SplitCam is minimized.
Stream indicators help monitor streaming state in the floating mini
window. Click an indicator to see the name and the status of a stream in the
- Added zoom and pan functionality to layers. To zoom in or out on a layer you
select the layer, hold down the Ctrl key, and sroll with a mouse over the
layer. To pan a zoomed layer you first select the layer, hold down the Ctrl
key, then drag the layer with a mouse.
- Added the ability to save SplitCam projects to files and load saved projects
from previously saved files.
- Added Web Source plugins support.
- Added SplitCam Virtual Audio device.
- Setup updated: uninstall drivers with SplitCam.
- Updated Skin Smoother effect.
- When adding a Window Source layer in SplitCam and the target window is
minimized, SplitCam restores the target window from minimized state without
activating it or bringing it to foreground.
- Monitors are now a separate capture source. They were mixed with windows in
- Optimized Notifier code. Lighter and more reliable.
- Loader placeholders in Web Browser Source and in IP-Cam Source updated. Work faster and smoother.
- Corrected error handlers when loading projects from files.
- Don’t try to add sources when associated files no longer exist.
- Fixed errors with browser sources color formats.
- Recording to file now works as expected when restreamer is enabled.
- Fixed broken video during recording to file.
- Fixed wrong context menu shown for media list items.
- Fixed spontaneous crashes when working with desktop capture sources.
Version 10.3.42 (04/14/2020)
- Added Skin Smoother effect.
- Screenshare sources can now grab separate windows and external monitors.
- Added Always-on-top scene preview window which is automatically shown every time the main SplitCam window is minimized.
- Added x64 version of the program. You can download x86 or x64 version depending on your preferences or system requirements. Before switching to a new program architecture it is highly recommended to uninstall previous version of SplitCam.
- Added support for WEBP image format.
- Added support for transparent PNG format.
- Additional logging for tracking errors on user computers.
- Layers with sources having fixed size are sized proportionally. Hold down Alt key to temporarily disable proprtional sizing.
- Screen capture source code updated to use hardware acceleration on supported systems. CPU usage greatly reduced and picture quality is now much better. On older Windows machines we still use previous capture methods which results in high CPU load and the lack of capturing many of the modern application windows.
- Updated algorithms when working with animated GIF and WEBP files. Now they use less CPU, load much faster, play smoother and give better picture quality.
- Autoupdate will now download and ask user to install the x86 or x64 version depending on which version of the program is currently running.
- Audio monitor output changed. The new code is still under testing so it may be changed in future version. You can enable audio monitor by Ctrl-clicking the global Mute button.
- Fixed crash on program exit due to audio playback.
- Fixed bugs with Slideshow layer.
- Fixed installer bug preventing SplitCam installations on older Windows systems.
- Fixed rare cases when program hangs or crahes on exit.
- Bug fixes in Screenshare layers.
- Fixed display of semi-transparent layers with rounded corners.
- Fixed Screenshare sources causing program crash on some computers.
- Fixed file recorder: the problems with pixelated videos and asynced sound should be resolved now.
- General program stability and performance enhancements.
- Setup project now deletes previous version before installing a new one. This done in prevention of files being used and not updated during installation.
Version 10.3.21 (03/31/2020)
- Added restream functionality to minimize network load for multiple streams. SplitCam uses its own restream located in USA and Europe to provide this functionality.
- Added splash screen on program startup.
- Added system provided webcam settings dialog.
- SplitCam now supports Video Image Source plugins. More info for developers can be found at https://splitcam.com/plugins/
- Optimized screen capture code to give higher quality and less CPU usage.
- Higher quality of text in Text layers.
- Updated SSL third party libraries to latest versions.
- Additional search methods added for delay-loaded DLLs.
- AMD GPU detection code update.
- Disabled selecting SplitCam virtual webcam when physical webcam was disconnected between program sessions.
- Updated setup project to address errors during installation.
- Disabled forced AMD GPU detection.
- Disabled GPU driver update dialog.
- Changed the order of media layers in UI.
- Streams window now stays visible when mouse-clicking outside of it. To close the window click the Stream Settings button again.
- Selection frame remains on screen after the webcam is deleted from default project.
- Working with non-transparent GIFs.
- Program crashed on some systems not having Visual C redistributables installed.
- Random crashes on program exit.
- Address the issue when a hung copy of SplitCam remains running after the program exit.
- Crash in audio list items update list in rare cases of scene switching.
- Some minor issues with ipcamera.
- Addressed minor issues with streaming code.
- Fixed disappearing main scene preview after some modal dialog is closed.
Version 10.2.16 (03/11/2020)
- New realization of layer management and rendering engine. Image quality greatly enhanced. CPU load reduced up to 6 times.
- Added resource usage information to log output.
- Added stream statistics to log output.
- Added cache cleanup whenever new version of SplitCam is started on user’s computer.
- Full screen capture code updated for better performance.
- Updated GPU selection for stream preset to prefer NVIDIA then AMD then INTEL GPU when available.
- Updated stream settings dialog. Excluded presets with encoders not available on target computer.
- Many stability issues addressed regarding resource management and error handling.
- Fixed scene selection after deleting one of scenes.
- Volume state saved between scene switching.
- Bug fixes and better resource management.
Version 10.1.9 (02/29/2020)
- Optimised code for full screen sharing. Processor load reduced up to 50%.
- Added pause method in screen share.
- Fixed Add channel dialog positioning.
- Fixed stability issues when working with video capture sources.
Version 10.1.7 (02/27/2020)
- Automatic layer sizing when adding new videos and images.
- Added proportional layer sizing.
- Autosave functionality added: the currently loaded project is saved automatically a few seconds later after its content changed.
- Loading placeholder optimised. It generated too high CPU load.
- Fixed sizing transparent GIFs.
- Fixed crash when working with transparent GIFs.
- Fixed browser proportional sizing.
- Fixed crashes when managing WebBrowser soruces.
- Fixed crash when deleting browser or IP-camera object before thumbnail preview for it has finished generating.
Version 10.1.4 (02/23/2020)
- Added “Loading…” placeholder image to web browser source.
- Restored default 1280×720 resolution in custom stream preset dialog.
- “Loading…” placeholder image updated.
- Fixed bug with forced h264_nvenc codec when starting stream.
- Fixed incorrect resolution in some built-in presets.
Version 10.1.3 (02/23/2020)
- Added verification of user provided data in basic stream settings dialog.
- In case of codec error user is offered to update video drivers.
- Updated channel icons.
Version 10.1.2 (02/23/2020)
- New channels, new channel icons.
- Added snapping layers to canvas edges while sizing or moving. Hold down the ALT key before clicking a layer to temporarily disable snapping.
- Added animation while connecting to IP-camera sources.
- Disabled checking for program updates while streaming is in progress.
- Auto select newly added media sources.
- Link to SplitCam online contact form from Add Channel dialog.
- Cue text in the Add Web Browser dialog updated.
- Fixed bugs with setting corner radius for layers.
Version 10.1.1 (02/21/2020)
- Added new web browser source. No you can intergrate any static or dynamic web pages in the scenes you are streaming. You can scroll, enlarge, and pan web browser content inside the layer. If the web page has sound it will also be included in you stream.
To sroll the page inside web browser layer you select the layer and use mouse wheel to scroll the page up or down. Hold down Shift keys to scroll horizontally.
To zoom in or out on the browser content inside layer, you select the layer in media sources list, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and use mouse wheel to enlarge or reduce the visible content.
To pan the enlarged content inside layer, you should first select the browser layer in media sources list, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then click and drag inside the selected web browser layer.
- Added a possibility to use rounded corners for any media source layer. When you select a layer you will see white dots in every corner of the selection frame. Click and drag any of these dots to increase or decrease the roundness
of all corners at once. Hold down Alt key while dragging with the mouse to change radius of only the corner you are currently dragging.
- Added new IP Camera source. Now you can add any IP camera supporting RTSP protocol to your scene by selecting corresponding command in the Add Media menu and providing the camera address.
- Added additional logging when enumerating available webcams.
- Text layer rendering code updated.
- Cue text added to some controls in dialogs.
- Changed background color of some comboboxes.
- Video playback controls position and layout updated.
- Fixed GDI objects leak when working with layer selection frames.
- Fixed resources deallocation when enumerating available video capture devices.
- Fixed system sound beep when clicking inside dialogs.
- Fixed unexpected stream settings dialog disappearing when clicking outside of any control.
- Fixed multiple errors when working with text layers.
Version 10.0.68 (02/02/2020)
- Added IP-camera submodule. No UI for connecting to IP-camera yet in this version.
- Added logging to dialog creation.
- Added handling of errouse dialog positioning at lower display resolutions.
- Added warning message to inform user of required minimal display resolution.
- Added file playback controls.
- Added automatic sizing of audio panel when new audio source is added.
- Added WEBP image format support.
- Added log viewer.
- Added hamburger menu.
- Detailed logging added to release version.
- Stream handling updated.
- Optimisation of disk and memory usage when working with transparent GIFs.
- Optimisations to tip notifications display.
- Updated stream encoder for AMD GPUs.
- Fixed bug with transparent gifs show/hide.
- Fixed repositioning color button and CPU load text on resizing canvas area.
Version 10.0.58 (01/24/2020)
- Added handling for output streams without file extension. Particularly for NUL device.
- Forced to enable AMD card since it is not reliably detected.
- Added handling the error when camera access is disabled in Windows system parameters.
- AMD GPU support.
- Updated REC button to disable it until streamer library is completely stopped to prevent non-timely clicks.
- Updated file recorder to use Intel or AMD GPU when available.
- Updated stream encoder to use new encoding code on AMD GPUs.
- Optimised layer management code.
- Streaming/Recording management updated.
- Changed virtual SplitCam webcam to crop-resize pictures to requested resolution instead of fit-resize when aspect ratios are different. No more black stripes in videos.
- Optimised data exchange between virtual web driver and the main program module.
- Reduced time required to delete scenes and exit SplitCam.
- Updated GPU detection code.
- Updated A/V sync in audio and video encoders.
- Webcam selection dialog updated to not display SplitCam virtual webcam.
- Installer updated to remove previously installed driver before installing a new copy of it. No more reboot requirement after installation.
- Fixed bugs with drawing transparent GIF files.
- Fixed bug where stopping stream also stopped file recorder.
- Fixed bug with transparent gifs on black canvas.
- Recording video when webcam is being initialised or the scene is empty.
- Fixed crashes in memory renderer.
- Fixed A/V sync in file recording.
Version 10.0.43 (01/15/2020)
- Auto program update to the latest available version.
- Stream management and stream state tracking updated.
- Optimised code for Saturation effect.
- Stream black screen from empty scenes or when all scene layers are hidden.
- Optimised code for Color effect.
- Optimised code for canvas redrawing and rendering.
- Updated code to work with transparent GIF files.
- Optimised layer resize algorithms.
- Special case processing during resize when we have only one layer of the same size as canvas.
- Rethought and corrected code to manage active streams and errors during stream.
- Fixed blinking canvas bug.
- Fixed crash on adding or deleting scenes.
- Fixed detection of transparent GIF files.
- Multiple Notifier bug fixes.
- A/V synchronisation on scene change during streaming is restored.
- Fixed short freezes when adding sources with different FPS to canvas.
- Fixed canvas update bugs.
- Fixed handling the z-order of non-transparent GIF files.
- Fixed video file playback even when the file layer is invisible.
- Splitcam now can detect and terminate hung copies of the program.
- Fixed video freezes when trying to change the playback position in a video file.
- Sloppy stream when the application is minimised.
- Fixed several bugs when repositioning layers on canvas.
- Fixed crash when using resize methods other than custom.
- Fixed bugs when adding a webcam to canvas.
Version 10.0.26 (01/02/2020)
- Added deleting stream preset functionality.
- Added handling of individual stream errors to be ignored by other streams: only one stream tries to reconnect in case of an error.
- Added UI elements to reflect current stream states.
- Added Fit to canvas command to layer’s context menu.
- Added layer flip vertical effect.
- Added horizontal flip effect to media layers.
- Added error reporting to stream library when applying codec params.
- Added stream presets functionality.
- Added Reset button to colours window.
- Color adjust dialog for scene added.
- Go Live button updated: it becomes disabled during closing active streams. Preliminary fix to error on pushing the record button.
- Stream management logic updated. Stream state UI tracking updated. Fixed bug with closing multiple streams when only one is deactivated.
- Optimised image processing code.
- Updated stream library code to report individual stream states to the main program.
- Minor UI changes in stream management dialogs.
- Modified webcam selection dialog: web cam resolution and fps are now selected separately.
- New implementation of renderers and canvas.
- Changed min/max values from 255 to 128 for RGB values in color effect.
- Changed algorithm for slider control from exponential to hyperbolic – it is capable of exact limit values, has easier slope control and works faster.
- Optimised Saturation effect to consume less CPU.
- Added save/restore functionality to canvas color settings.
- Added synchronisation between selected scene and colours windows control.
- Color adjustment controls appearance updated.
- Fixed data buffers overrun when resizing frames in layer’s ProcessFrame function.
- Fixed bug with Notifier work.
- Fixed bugs with masks. Masks calculation changed.
- Multiple bug fixes in stream preset management.
- Fixed bugs with stream preset editing.
- Fixed applying codec params in stream library.
- CBR settings are now working correctly.
- Fixed the bug with showing GPU encoders in preset settings dialog when those GPUs are not available on target computer.
- Addressed the issue with poor video stream quality.
- Fixed bugs in the new implementation of a renderers work.
- Fixed bugs in the Memory Renderer.
- Fixed bugs in the Notifier.
- Fixed scene colours button randomly disappearing.
- Fixed colour window title overlapped on standard DPI monitors.
- Fixed bug with setting color values from sliders.
- Fixed overlapped streams and colours windows problem.
- Fixed bug with disappeared streams window.
- Removed context menu from Windows taskbar.
- Fixed error where video file source wouldn’t play to the very end on rewinding to beginning in loop mode.
Version 9.0.9 (04/17/2019)
- Added new filter MFC Alerts to Effects tab: setup your user name from MFC web site and get animated notifications when someone tips you.
- Added new filter ColorTemp to Enhance tab: make video warmer or colder according to your stream content.
- Added new filter Exposure to Enhance tab: use it to make video brighter or darker without loosing too much details.
Version 9.0.7 (03/18/2019)
- Gif Player effect random crash fixed.
- Double-click Gif Player animation to select another GIF file.
- Fixed frame rate when playing some types of Gif animations.
- Video zoom rate made more smooth.
- Shift-Scroll to speed up zoom.
- Shift-Ctrl-Scroll to slow down zoom.
- Ctrl-0 to reset zoom
Version 9.0.6 (03/14/2019)
- Added video zoom. Scroll video with the mouse to scale it up or down.
- Added drag-and-drop support for adding video and image source files to the lists.
- Optimized GPU usage.
Version 220.127.116.11 (03/04/2019)
- Fixed error with combining text effect with grey image effects.
- Fixed error with entering full screen mode by double clicking the video while text effect is being applied.
- Fixed errors with handling mouse events while Date effect is being applied.
- Added restore state of text effect after program restart.
- Added the ability to move date with a mouse to arbitrary position inside video.
- Fixed errors with checking broadcast servers.
- Changed program state restore to reflect the webcam playback on program exit. Now if a webcam is not enabled on program exit it will not be enabled automatically on the next program startup.
- Fixed errors with connecting to MFC ingest server.
- In the server test dialog fixed error with clicking ‘Start test’ button.
- GifPlayer effect updated.
- GifPlayer now saves its last position on program exit or when being disabled.
- Date effect now saves its last position on program exit or when being disabled.
- Fixed GifPlayer crash error when video resolution is being changed with the effect enabled.
- Animated GIF image width/height ratio is now preserved when changing the image size with the mouse.
- Text effect font size made independent of video current resolution.
Version 9.0.4 (02/16/2019)
- Added snapshot settings: number of snapshots on each button click, delay before first snapshot, delay between consecutive snapshots.
- Multi-server streaming.
- Added a Date filter that shows the current date and time on user’s video.
- The text effect was updated and now has a new user interface for editing the text and applying color, font family, style, weight and alignment.
- The program state is now saved between startups. It means the webcam selection, audio arameters, filters and color adjustments are saved on program exit and get restored when you run SplitCam next time.
- Added basic audio and video encoder settings for controlling the quality and bandwidth of the output stream.
- Added new GIF-player effect (not yet included in final release).
- MFC added to broadcast servers list.
- Added software interfaces for fast switching between software and hardware stream encoders.
- Hardware stream encoder added with GPU support; this is still work in progress.
- Effects that can be run on GPU are now using GPU. It’s still work in progress and more effects will be transferred to GPU in future versions.
- Webcam module optimised to support 30 FPS capture.
- Screen output module optimised for minimal CPU impact.
- Extensive compatibility tests allowed for wider end-user hardware support.
- Encoder settings optimised for most popular streaming servers support.
Version 9.0.2 (10/20/2018)
- Finishing broadcast functionality: optimising stream for stability.
- Making Splitcam installer. Testing the installer on different platforms and fixing bugs.
- Added broadcast servers speed testing.
- Added dialog box with broadcast servers presets.
- Added dialog box for selecting the fastest broadcast server.
- Added Enhance panel to UI for easier access to most useful video quality settings.
- Added support to video filters for separating them into two panels: Enhance and Filters.
- Fixed a bug where video was not visible when played in full screen mode.
- Optimised video output to screen by disabling video output when the main program window is fully covered by other windows or is minimised.
- Added Color Balance filter to Enhance panel.
- Added Saturation Filter to Enhance panel.
- Updated default value acquisition when user double clicks filter parameter slider.
- Added code signing script for the main Splitcam executable.
- Added code signing script for Splitcam setup program.
- Developed and added class for audio mixer which allows for mixing two or more audio sources.
- The audio mixer class tested and proven to work. Further work may be required when using in Splitcam if the audio output volume drops after being mixed in real application.
- Added audio subtraction filter to audio mixer. It’s gonna be used to suppress echo effect when broadcasting without headphones with audio coming from external speakers.
- Working on support classes and Ffmpeg library to take sound from external audio files (mp3 and other formats).
- Working on taking audio from system mixer. This along with audio mixer class will be used to suppress echo.