Streaming media refers to music, video and information that a user receives continuously from a streaming provider. Most of the streaming market belongs to the eSports segment, where gamers show online how they play their games. Streamers are also called video blogging authors in the genre of music, cooking, travel, unboxing and other areas.
Experts often call the streaming media of the future. At the same time, popular streaming platforms have already entered the set of well-known digital tools, and the e-sports and video game streaming markets are constantly in the spotlight of the media.
How do streamers make money?
Streamers – creators and broadcasters of streams – can earn money on their channel in several ways:
- Affiliate Program with Streaming Platform: Platform developers are willing to partner with popular creators by offering them third-party advertisements to serve.
- Subscription: users watching the author’s streams can subscribe to his channel, while receiving certain bonuses. The platform takes part of the money earned from the subscription, the platform gives the other part to the streamer.
- Donate: money transfers that users (donators) send directly to the streamer in gratitude for his work. The amount of rewards is not limited by anything. It is this form of support, as well as sponsorship advertising, that form the basis of streamers’ income.
- Advertising on the streamer’s channel: An interested brand can ask a popular author to advertise their product on the channel.
What are the ways to integrate a brand into the stream?
You can integrate a company’s advertising into a stream using the following tools:
- Integration into content: the most native way to promote a brand, despite the fact that such ads are almost always immediately guessed by users.
- Integration into messages from donators: channel viewers can ask the streamer to publish a message on the broadcast screen.
- Integration into the channel description.
- Integration in the background: a non-clickable banner that accompanies the broadcast, usually located in the corner or bottom of the screen.
- Integration into the name of the stream.
Opportunities for streaming as an additional service are offered by the largest media platforms. Other platforms and services specialize exclusively in streaming.
Popular streaming platforms in the world and in Russia include:
The largest streaming platform, according to Streamlabs. Twitch.tv grew out of justin.tv, which did not limit itself to specializing in video games, but also broadcast streams about animals, sports and politics. However, in 2011, the justin.tv executives realized that there was a great future for computer games, and switched only to the gaming theme.
Twitch is available through a browser on any device, including iOS and Android. The platform broadcasts gameplay and esports tournaments and collaborates with the largest conferences and world championships in the gaming industry.
Opportunities for broadcasts are also offered by the world’s largest video hosting service. Gamers consider this promotion channel to be quite difficult in terms of competition, so YouTube Live is usually chosen as an additional platform.
Facebook Live launched in 2016. Using the service, you can directly contact subscribers. According to statistics, Facebook users comment on live broadcasts several times more often than regular videos. You can watch streams in Facebook Live directly at the time of their recording or after the fact.
Periscope is a streaming service owned by Twitter. Periscope apps are available for Android and iOS. Periscope users can stream videos live, chat with viewers, watch missed streams in recordings, share videos online on social networks and conduct private broadcasts for individual users.