Skip to main content
Topic: Very High usage of the GPU (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

Very High usage of the GPU

Hi everyone.
I am using the latest version of Splitcam and the software is working good in general.
Unfortunately on my Surface 9 pro, when using Splitcam, the GPU usage skyrockets to 80% and stays there. This causes an enormous heat in the laptop.
Anyone else? Can someone suggest me a solution?
I am using Splitcam only for registering webcam videos for my courses.
Thank you.

Re: Very High usage of the GPU

Reply #1
Hello
Please hold shift and start splitcam.
And check cpu and gpu
if you have good processor and good gpu it must be ok !

Reply #2
Thank you for replying.
I will try.
But what exactly does this operation do?
My laptop is not the fastest in the world, but a good compromise, being a 12th Intel generation.
I like the software, but if it continues like this I will be forced to switch to other competitors... I have already tried other softwares and they don't have the same problem.

Reply #3
Hello
The skin smoother and other effects work on GPU , if do you use them that can slow youк pc if you dont have GPU or your GPU no so powerful.

The hold shift with start splitcam software reset all setting to default .

Thank you for replying.
I will try.
But what exactly does this operation do?
My laptop is not the fastest in the world, but a good compromise, being a 12th Intel generation.
I like the software, but if it continues like this I will be forced to switch to other competitors... I have already tried other softwares and they don't have the same problem.

Reply #4
Thank you.
But unfortunately there are clearly issues with my PC configuration. The use of ram and CPU resources are huge.
I'm not a developer, so I cannot say if the culprit are drivers, the software, whatever.
What I can say is that I switched to another software with similar features and everything is ok.
Maybe future updates will solve these problems.
Thank you.