Skip to main content
Topic: Vertical Video/Screen Sharing issue.  (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

Vertical Video/Screen Sharing issue.

What happened to Splitcam!

I used to be able to upload vertical videos size: W: 720 x H:1280, 320x568 etc. and they would upload just fine and I could adjust the size but now whenever I upload any vertical video its cropped in way too much and stretched. I've attached an example of this using a youtube short that's 720x1280 comparing in to the original video playing off windows movie player. Splitcam used to upload the videos exactly like the original.

Same issue with screen sharing. It will no longer capture the entire screen Will only capture W:1280 x H:720 but will not extend longer than that even when using the "select region" feature. And trying to screen share any thinner, more vertical resolutions will also compress and zooms in to an unwatchable degree.

I hope this is just user error because everything was working perfectly before the v10.7.7 update.

The forum will not let me upload images no matter how small they are.
Heres an Imgur album regarding the vertical video issue.
Imgur Album Thank you.

Re: Vertical Video/Screen Sharing issue.

Reply #1
What happened to Splitcam!

I used to be able to upload vertical videos size: W: 720 x H:1280, 320x568 etc. and they would upload just fine and I could adjust the size but now whenever I upload any vertical video its cropped in way too much and stretched. I've attached an example of this using a youtube short that's 720x1280 comparing in to the original video playing off windows movie player. Splitcam used to upload the videos exactly like the original.

Same issue with screen sharing. It will no longer capture the entire screen Will only capture W:1280 x H:720 but will not extend longer than that even when using the "select region" feature. And trying to screen share any thinner, more vertical resolutions will also compress and zooms in to an unwatchable degree.

I hope this is just user error because everything was working perfectly before the v10.7.7 update.

The forum will not let me upload images no matter how small they are.
Heres an Imgur album regarding the vertical video issue.
Imgur Album Thank you.

I have experienced this the only i found a way around it...is the screen size your laptop or tv is projecting set it at that then right click  on the subject u uploaded to screen and fit to screen...u will se the full picture...so basically everytime u upload a image  fit to screen
very annoying when  the last installment  just upload the movie the size that fits the screen with out fit to screen...so i know where your coming from...i think the new update  caused a bug

dreamz

Re: Vertical Video/Screen Sharing issue.

Reply #2
That fixed the problem!! Thank you so much for the help, amazing!!