Skip to main content
Topic: Errror: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver" (Read 2168 times) previous topic - next topic

Errror: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver"

Hi,

Suddenly, Splitcam 10.7.24  stopped working on my Win11 PC and now shows only black screen being selected in other apps.  There is an error in the log:
Code: [Select]
01:57:43 Initializing virtual driver interface
01:57:43 ERROR: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver"
01:57:43 Destroying virtual driver interface
01:57:43 Acivating scene 0
01:57:43 ERROR: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver"

I tried to reinstall Splitcam, delete the related drivers, etc but nothing helps. Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Re: Errror: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver"

Reply #1
Hello

Can you contact to us by telegram @splitcam or skype: jack-px

Thank you

Hi,

Suddenly, Splitcam 10.7.24  stopped working on my Win11 PC and now shows only black screen being selected in other apps.  There is an error in the log:
Code: [Select]
01:57:43 Acivating scene 0

I tried to reinstall Splitcam, delete the related drivers, etc but nothing helps. Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Re: Errror: Failed to initialize SplitCam virtual driver "SplitCam Video Driver"

Reply #2
Hi again,

After our conversation in Skype, I got more info on my error. SplitCam Virtual Video Driver in Device Manager reports an initialization error immediately after a fresh installation of SplitCam. The error is shown in the driver's Properties->Events tab.

The most relevant message "Device is not started (splitcam_hd_driver)" contains the following details:

Device ROOT\MEDIA\0000 had a problem starting.
Driver Name: oem37.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: splitcam_hd_driver
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

I hope that it may shed light on the problem, thank you in advance!

Reply #3
Hi,
For anyone having the same problem, I found a solution. Apparently, I had DirectShowSpy installed on my system and that tool seems breaking SplitCam. After I removed DSSpy, everything has started working again.
Removing DSSpy:
https://directshow5.rssing.com/chan-12216274/article34.html?nocache=0