Skip to main content
Topic: Mic driver not working - pip window crashes (Read 2741 times) previous topic - next topic

Mic driver not working - pip window crashes

Version 10.3.66
- new mic driver doesn't do anything at all, besides appearing in the list of mics in several apps (including Skype); no sound is recorded.
- crash when minimizing the app and inadvertantly the pip window appears and I try to close the pip window

Although it is nice to see that the menus work, the new version is no better than the version of two releases earlier.

My advise: if the currently installed version works for you, then DO NOT UPDATE.

Re: Mic driver not working - pip window crashes

Reply #1
Version 10.3.66
- new mic driver doesn't do anything at all, besides appearing in the list of mics in several apps (including Skype); no sound is recorded.
- crash when minimizing the app and inadvertantly the pip window appears and I try to close the pip window

Although it is nice to see that the menus work, the new version is no better than the version of two releases earlier.

My advise: if the currently installed version works for you, then DO NOT UPDATE.
Hello
Thank you for your post.
Can you give to us more info:
1. What exactly you want from the new mic driver?
(You can check it : if you choose in splitcam your microphone or open in splitcam video , choose in skype : splitcam audio mixer and do call. Your interlocutor can listen your voice or audio from your video file.
2. When you us skype the small pop up windows also appear , when you minimize skype. In next version we add function to disable it.

About your crashes please send to us log when its happend.

Thank you.

Reply #2
When I *try* to make it crash, naturally it won't. Whenever it does, I'll post a log.

Reply #3
Hello,

I use my Tapo C200 as a webcam but the sound driver of the new version of splitcam does not work when I select it as a microphone in video conferencing programs such as Microsoft Teams.

I want to use the microphone of my c200 plug to talk, will it be possible with the sound driver of splitcam?

Thank you.