Skip to main content
Topic: How can I disable the server update check? (Read 2294 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I disable the server update check?

Hi, I need to start splitcam whithout any server connection/upload check. I want to run splitcam in a machine with no internet connnection and noone can interact with the warning.

Thanks in advance

Re: How can I disable the server update check?

Reply #1
Question answered by Telegram. Thanks a lot

Re: How can I disable the server update check?

Reply #2
Hello

To disable server update and internet connection of splitcam do next steps :

https://splitcam.com/win-download/update/10.8.8_x64.msi
or higher

To prevent SplitCam from accessing the Internet during startup, you can configure it using the local configuration file "local.cfg". In Windows Explorer, go to the "%localappdata%\SplitCam" folder and create a new file named "local.cfg". If the file with this name already exists, open it for editing in the Notepad application. This is a text file, so don't try to use MS Word or any other editor that creates files in a format other than plain text.

In this "local.cfg" file, add a new line with the following content

offline = 1

Now when you start SplitCam, it will not try to contact any Internet servers. It is not recommended to use this configuration option if you are streaming over the Internet to any servers available in SplitCam because the list of streaming servers (ingest servers) may not be up to date and your stream may fail.