Skip to main content
Topic: NDI Sources - not working?  (Read 2293 times) previous topic - next topic

NDI Sources - not working?

Hello,

I have the latest version of SplitCAM (10.7.24) for WIndows 64.   I am experimenting with VIdeo Pencil app on my iPAD which produces an NDI output but it doesn't seem to show nor work in SplitCAM.  When I try to add an NDI source in the Media Layers most of the time it shows no NDI sources.  Very rarely it shows LOCALHOST(Video Pencil) there although it should rather show my iPAD's name(Video Pencil).  My iPAD is in the same local network but not connected directly to the Windows computer.   Anyway, when it does show as LOCALHOST(Video Pencil) in the NDI Source window, it doesn't seem to work.   Only a black screen.  Doesn't show the video coming from Video Pencil app.  Anyone had similar problem?Am I missing a Windows driver or something?       

Re: NDI Sources - not working?

Reply #1
Hi,

Thank you for using SplitCam software!
The issue with Video Pencil as NDI source is confirmed. We'll do our best to fix it in the nearest future.
Toto,
SplitCam development and support team.

Re: NDI Sources - not working?

Reply #2
Please download and install the latest prerelease update of SplitCam v 10.7.31. The NDI problem with Video Pencil has been solved. please mind, it may take up to a minute for an NDI source to start video transmission. The layer might be transparent while waiting for incoming video.
Toto,
SplitCam development and support team.