Skip to main content
Topic: Can't uninstall SplitCam from Macbook  (Read 3735 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't uninstall SplitCam from Macbook

Hello Community

I tried Splitcam for my Macbook, but I don't want use it. So i uninstalled it.

Now, whenever i enter a Video Call in a browser (Whereby, Google Meet etc). My Standard Camera is still SplitCam. I can't switch to my regular Facetime camera.

I'm desperate. How can i get rid of the splitcam on my Browser? (Chrome and Safari)?

Any Ideas?

Regards

Re: Can't uninstall SplitCam from Macbook

Reply #1
Hello
Before remove splitcam you need to uninstall splitcam virtual camera.

Reply #2
Can you explain how to remove the virtual camera driver?  is that done within the Splitcam app - before deleting the Splitcam app?

I have 'uninstalled' the driver from within the Splitcam app - and the driver is still showing up within other applications.

Reply #3
Try reboot it trough terminal :
rm -R /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/SCVirtualCamera.plugin

Reply #4
Also try reboot mac when you uninstall it

Reply #5
I have the same issue. I deleted it, removed files from ~Library, rebooted, nothing works.

I tried this in Terminal and hit Enter but I keep seeing more text. What do I need to do?
rm -R /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/SCVirtualCamera.plugin

Reply #6
To: all who are faced with this problem:

The best solution is uninstall virtual camera driver from the preferences in SplitCam.

If SplitCam already deleted and you won't install it again, then just remove the SCVirtualCamera.plugin bundle at path /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL (open Finder window and press together Cmd + Shift + G, type this path in to the text field and press Go button). It's ok if system will ask you admin/root password, it's because driver installed in system folder.

Ofcourse you should restart macOS to take effect.

In case If any solutions above did not help you and you still see SplitCam virtual camera driver, then you need write us on [email protected] and describe your situation in details.

Thanks.

Reply #7
To: all who are faced with this problem:

The best solution is uninstall virtual camera driver from the preferences in SplitCam.

If SplitCam already deleted and you won't install it again, then just remove the SCVirtualCamera.plugin bundle at path /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL (open Finder window and press together Cmd + Shift + G, type this path in to the text field and press Go button). It's ok if system will ask you admin/root password, it's because driver installed in system folder.

Ofcourse you should restart macOS to take effect.

In case If any solutions above did not help you and you still see SplitCam virtual camera driver, then you need write us on [email protected] and describe your situation in details.

Thanks.

That worked! Thanks!