SplitCam Community

SPLITCAM FORUMS => SPLITCAM TECH SUPPORT => Topic started by: DNez2001 on October 08, 2022, 08:39:07 AM

Title: Problems with 3 USB 3.0 webcams and WIn10 Laptop
Post by: DNez2001 on October 08, 2022, 08:39:07 AM
I am trying to setup a 3 webcam arrangement with SplitCam, using Logitech's Streamcams, running on a Win 10 laptop (Dell Lattitude E7740) with 3 independent USB 3.0 ports. They are 1080p 60 fps webcams with USB 3 cords.  I also have a powered USB 3.0 hub plugged into one of the USB ports.

I'd like to use the hub to bring in the signals from all 3 webcams into the laptop, as the cameras are a little far away and I can bring in with one USB cord, but the software appears to get confused with 2 cameras of the same type (I haven't tried the 3rd yet - still waiting on its arrival). I'm not sure if the bandwidth of the hub USB 3.0 is interfering. I can bring 2 cameras in via independent laptop USB ports, but when I do, the software still gets confused on which camera is which, especially if I unplug the cameras and replug them in. I sometimes can get both cameras setup, but sometimes it uses the same camera for both inputs. Also, it will only use a 30 fps input rather than a 60 fps input.

Does anyone have any experience using 3 USB webcams with SplitCam that can assist with this?