SplitCam Community

SPLITCAM FORUMS => SPLITCAM TECH SUPPORT => Topic started by: number9 on August 05, 2020, 03:48:51 PM

Title: Configuration file for multiple users on windows 10?
Post by: number9 on August 05, 2020, 03:48:51 PM
I am running splitcam on windows 10 to allow zoom access to the IP camera. It works great, and thank you
for this great product.

One issue we have is that multiple different users with different logins use the PC. We have setup splitcam
to start automatically by placing the shortcut in the startup folder. Now when anyone logs in, it starts up.
The issue is that it does not keep the camera settings or even the camera, so when the starts up, there
is no camera.

We would like to know if you know a way to move its configuration file or however this is stored so that
it comes up with the camera settings for all users?
Title: Re: Configuration file for multiple users on windows 10?
Post by: SPLITCAM SUPPORT on August 08, 2020, 07:21:58 PM
Hello
When splitcam starts up it loads the last used project file. so all you have to do is to set up scenes in splitcan the way you want them to be. after you are done you should select "Save as..." command from the burger menu and save the project to a new location shared among different users. for example "C:\Users\Public" folder is accessible for all users so you can save the project file there. then every user should open this project in splitcam. after they do it once the project will automatically load each time splitcam is started.
Post by: number9 on August 09, 2020, 08:47:27 AM
That is not good enough. I have a LOT of users, and not all of them read instructions or email. I want this to happen automatically.

I am working on writing a startup script to load the default.xml from a central location to the users LOCALAPPDATA folder where splitcam stores it. It would be helpful to know if splitcam would overwrite a file that exits there already.
Post by: number9 on August 11, 2020, 07:09:07 PM
I have found a solution for my specific problem, so I am posting it here.

I want to reiterate how my situation is unique: Windows is on AD with two or three admins over the OU the
PCs are in. We are not allowed to modify group policy.

Steps I took to solve the problem:

Code in the splitcam.bat file:

@echo off
if not exist %LOCALAPPDATA%\Splitcam\. (
    mkdir %LOCALAPPDATA%\Splitcam\.
)
echo F|xcopy c:\splitcam\default.xml %LOCALAPPDATA%\Splitcam\default.xml /Y
Post by: SPLITCAM SUPPORT on August 18, 2020, 03:19:40 AM
Thank You!

try to download new version , updated today :-)